- "Am i capable of that? is this serious? It is not serious at all. It's simply a fantasy to amuse myself...."
- "Good God!" he cried, "can it be, can it be, that I shall really take an axe, that I shall strike her on the head, split her skull open...that I shall tread in the sticky warm blood, blood...with the axe...Good God, can it be? He was shaking like a leaf as he said this.
- "But how pale you are, to be sure.... and your hands are trembling too. Have you been bathing, or what?" "Fever," he answered abruptly. You can't help getting pale.... if you've nothing to eat," he added with trouble articulating the words. His strength was failing him again.
After returning to his room, Raskolnikov searches his clothes frantically and becomes obsessive to hide any and all evidence. - Part 2 Chapter 1
- "Surely it isn't beginning already! Surely it isn't my punishment coming upon me? It is!"
Raskolinikov's answer to Porfiry Petrovich's question of the person who commits a crime with the justification that extraordinary men have the right to be above law and morality.- Part 3 Chapter 5
- "If he has a conscience he will suffer for his mistake. That will be punishment - as well as prison."
Raskolnikov confesses to his love interest, Sonya - Part 5 Chapter 4
- "I said as I went away that perhaps I was saying good-bye for ever, but if that I came to-day I would tell you who... who killed Lizaveta."..... "Well I've come to tell you."
Raskolnikov thinking about his future compared to his life - Part 5 Chapter 5
- "Perhaps it really would be better in Siberia".," he thought suddenly.
No comments:
Post a Comment