Search This Blog
Friday, October 22, 2010
My thoughts on the book
Upon reading the book Crime and Punishment, my initial reaction was that it would be akin to another russian book I also read, War and Peace, which was for lack of a better phrase was very boring. Once I got into this book however, I saw how intricate and differently structured it is to most other stories of the same time period. Unlike those books, this one has a realism that can apply to any time where poverty and lack of everything essential occurs. This book doesn't have many of the romantic tones that most western books of the time had and it really showed in its rather descriptive murder scene and in the way Raskolnikov deals with that guilt. Overall, this book was one of the best books I've read and would highly recommend it to anyone who likes realistic and psychological type readings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment